Purpose: A key player, taking on a strategic leadership role. Driving change and collaborating with all disciplines will be expected. Successful candidates will have solid Architectural experience with industry standard tools and methodologies as well as strong familiarity with emerging technologies and systems that represent the future of BIM, architecture, engineering, design, and construction.
Work Schedule: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 8 am – 12:00 pm Friday (minimum). Hours will vary on holiday weeks.
Essential Responsibilities/Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
- Provide BIM and Technology management (with a focus on Revit) for the firm’s in-house, multi-disciplined design projects.
- Assist teams with project startup, workflow, and coordination strategies.
- Revit/BIM leadership.
- Strategically investigate leading-edge technologies related to BIM and define adoption and implementation plans into processes and workflows.
- Investigate related technologies that would benefit the firm in areas such as production, client presentations, office project management and project acquisition.
- Review all office projects to ensure that office-wide Revit documentation administration, especially naming conventions, office standards, and work sets composition are being followed and that warnings and clashes are being resolved.
- QA/QC issues and perform the necessary research and exploration to develop BIM solutions that respond to the specific automation needs and demands of a project.
- Overall Revit file management.
- Coordinate and/or conduct live Revit training and presentations.
- Prioritize and coordinate Revit and BIM initiatives across all disciplines and office locations.
- Coordinate all A&E BIM technology initiatives and activities within operations, IT and management.
- Develop, document and implement EIKON standards and best practices.
- Establish, promote, and manage materials and resources to support core competency goals.
- Attend and report on user groups, conferences and
- Engage with all levels of the firm to promote technology and process innovation.
- Participate in management meetings to report and provide advice related to technical and staffing issues.
- Identify and mentor application specialists.
- Manage local and national vendor partnerships.
- Familiarity with Plan Grid, Primavera PG, Struction Site, HoloLens Interface, Oculus Rift, VR applications, AR applications, drone applications and laser scanning processing software a plus.
- Experience in completing design and construction documents for hospitality, commercial, educational, governmental, medical and/or corporate projects in an architectural or construction firm.
- Advanced experience with BIM workflows.
- Advanced experience with BlueBeam.
- Advanced experience with Sketch Up modeling.
- Expert experience with Autodesk.
- Advanced experience with MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and graphic communication, organizational, collaborative and social skills.
Preferred Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect
- Experience in completing design and construction documents for hospitality, commercial, education, governmental, medical and/or corporate projects in an architectural or construction firm.
- Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Climb stairs
- Sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings. Travel up to 10 % of the time is required.
Future Position Goals: Represent EIKON through presentations and panels at various industry events, such as AUGI and AUTODESK UNIVERSITY.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.