Purpose: Responsible for the design and implementation of electrical design projects requiring the use of design techniques, theory principles and technical knowledge. Perform work in accordance with client’s instructions/design concepts; Provide technical analysis and /or resolution of engineering problems; Work with multi-disciplined team.
Work Schedule: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 8 am – 12:00 pm Friday (minimum). Hours will vary on holiday weeks.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
- Prepare electrical design for large scale projects-industrial, institutional, office, retail, healthcare and other
- Apply design knowledge in power distribution, grounding, lighting, control systems, and equipment specifications and selections
- Analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions
- Interact with all engineering disciplines, construction project managers, and clients
- Work within company policy and OSHA Safety rules
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed
- Must possess Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Registered in the State of Texas preferred; ability to be licensed in multiple states; NCEES record current
- Must have advanced knowledge of electrical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable codes for building, energy, and construction standards and acceptable industry practices
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- 5+ years of formal experience in electrical system design for buildings
- Experience with Engineering Design software
- Experience with Lighting Design and Photometric Software
- Experience with latest versions of AutoCAD
- Must have experience as a project lead on complex, multi-discipline engineering design projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written specifications and contract documents.
- Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Climb stairs
- Sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings. Travel up to 10 % of the time is required.