Purpose: Responsible for the design and implementation of civil discipline projects, such as building structures and facilities, roads, power plants, water and sewage systems etc., requiring the use of design techniques, theory principles and technical knowledge. Perform work in accordance with architect and client’s instructions/design concepts –project scheduling; Provide technical analysis and /or resolution of engineering problems; Coordinate with agencies and other parties that may be affected by the design such as TxDot, municipalities, etc.; Work with multi-disciplined team.
Work Schedule: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 8 am – 12:00 pm Friday (minimum).
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
- Prepare civil design for large scale projects-industrial, municipal, institutional, office, retail, residential
- Apply knowledge to site/roadway/parking layout, grading, storm water and drainage, utility design
- Analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions
- Ability to direct a team of designers and support personnel
- Interact with all engineering disciplines, construction project managers, and clients
- Lead an civil design group on large scale projects
- Work within company policy and OSHA Safety rules
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed
- Must possess Bachelor or Master’s degree in civil engineering
- Must be registered in the State of Texas; ability to be licensed in multiple states; NCEES record current
- Must have advanced knowledge of civil engineering and design and be familiar with applicable codes, standards and acceptable industry practices
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- 5+ years of formal experience in civil system design for buildings
- Experience with Engineering Design software
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office
- Must have experience as a project lead on complex, multi-discipline engineering design projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written specifications and contract documents.
- Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Climb stairs
- Sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings. Travel up to 10 % of the time is required.
Salary commiserate with experience