EIKON served as the prime professional providing all architecture and engineering services for this new, three bay fire station located in the Blalock Industrial Park. The new fire station replaced the former station #4 built in 1968 and located at 100 E. Highway 1417.
EIKON’s design gives firefighters better access and a greater ability to serve the southern half of the city and its projected growth.
The 14,000 SF fire station includes apparatus bays, firefighter living space, EMS storage, and support spaces.
EIKON provided a master plan for the fire station to include a future training tower, helipad, and classroom/storage building. If funding is available, the future classroom/storage building will consist of apparatus storage, a 100-seat classroom, and four offices.